Helpful Islamic Tips, Reminders to myself the foremost
1. Think of Allah before you take any action. Make duah before everything- sleeping, eating, studying, driving… etc.
2. Read the Qur’an in Arabic and the meaning every day- take the time out of your busy schedule to listen to Allah.
3. Become a serious student of this Deen. Try to make it to the next Islamic class, halaqah or meeting. And don’t forget to bring a notebook. =]
4. Evaluate yourself daily before going bed. Thank Allah for good deeds, repent to Him for your mistakes and sins.
5. Avoid looking at unlawful pictures, whether they be from television, magazines, or otherwise.
6. Study the history of Islam. Learn of the great scholars and warriors who died with Allah on their lips and Islam in their hearts. Strive to emulate them.
7. Spend some time listening to recitation of the Quran. Find reciters that you like, try Abu Bakr ash-Shaatri, al-Ghamdi, as-Sudais, al-Minshawi.., Abdul Baset
8. Encourage your non-practicing friends to come to Islamic events.
9. Hang out with other Muslims.
10. Talk to your non-Muslim friends about Islam. Have you taken
the time to explain the basics to them?
11. Perform the sunnah and nawafil salahs as much as possible. Find time to pray extras, such as Salatud-Duhaa, Qiyaamul-layl, and Tahajjud.
12. Subscribe to a Muslim magazine.
13. Take the time to understand what’s going on in the Muslim world today. Do your part to get involved and help relief organizations.
14. Try to fast Mondays and Thursdays as of today.
15. Lower your gaze.
16. Start reading Qur’an after Salat-ul Fajr.
17. Go to bed early so that you can wake up far Salat-ul Fajr.
18. Keep yourself in a state of wudu’ most of the time.
19. Really listen to speakers. Take their advice to heart, commit yourself to change.
20. Give yourself time alone, so that you can think about your life, your deeds, make dhikr.
21. Start giving sadaqah daily, no matter how little. Make it a habit like eating and drinking, and always remember that smiling in the face of your sister/brother in Islam is Sadaka and Sunnah :D
22. Spend more time reading Islamic books, especially the Seerah, Hadeeth, and Fiqh.
23. Associate with knowledgeable people, You might learn something.
24. Try to learn how to make dawah to non-muslims. It is an art requiring knowledge and diplomacy.
25. Watch as little television as possible. Seriously.
26. Go to the masjid.
27. Don’t criticize if you dislike something- do your part to change it.
28. Stand up for right, forbid evil. Just say no to gossiping, backbiting…
29. If you like to listen to music, replace them with nasheed, or with Quranic recitation.
30. Buy Islamic videos, tapes, posters, books, clothes, support your Muslims brothers and sisters and make Islam a part of every aspect of your life.
31. If you meet any new Muslims, buddy up with them and make them feel like a part of your community.
32. Keep three extra Qur’an translations and some literature in your home at all times. You never know when you’ll find someone interested who wants to know more. :)
33. Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.
34. Always renew your intention!
35. Be the real Muslim who is willing to change misconceptions