Shaykh `Obaid bin `Abdullah bin Sulaiman al-Jabiri
Facilitation by Allah in Explaining the Evidences of the Conditions of "La ilaha ill Allah"
In explaining the testimony of faith, Muslim scholars have listed seven conditions of the shahadah, which a Muslim must fulfill so that s/he may be acknowledging the unity of Allah in open and in secret.
These seven are:
- Al-`Ilm (Knowledge of the meaning of the shahadah, its negation and affirmation)
- Al-Yaqeen (Certainty – perfect knowledge of it that counter-acts suspicion and doubt)
- Al-Ikhlaas (Sincerity which negates shirk)
- Al-Sidq (Truthfulness that permits neither falsehood nor hypocrisy)
- Al-Mahabbah (Love of the shahadah and its meaning, and being happy with it)
- Al-Inqiad (Submission to its rightful requirements, which are the duties that must be performed with sincerity to Allah (alone) seeking His pleasure)
- Al-Qubool (Acceptance that contradicts rejection).